Learn the Bible with us
Faith in God hinges on the Spirit of God and His Word. Without study of the Bible, it is impossible to know God because the Bible is what has been given to us to understand God.
John 1:1-3 - "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God."
John 1:14 - "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."
The bible stands alone
In 1889 a schoolteacher told a ten-year-old boy, "You will never amount to much." That boy was Albert Einstein. In 1954 a music manager told a young singer, "you ought to go back to driving a truck." That singer was Elvis Presley. In 1962 a record company told a group of singers, "We don't like your sound. Groups with guitars are definitely on their way out." They said that to the Beatles!
Man is prone to make mistakes.
Those who reject or ignore the Bible should take the time to look at the evidence before forming an opinion.
1. It is unique in its continuity. If just 10 people today were picked who were from the same place, born around the same time, spoke the same language, and made about the same amount of money, and were then asked to write about a controversial subject, they would struggle to agree with each other. But the Bible stands alone. It was written over a period of 1,600 years by more than 40 writers from all walks of life. Some were fishermen, some were politicians. Others were army Generals or kings , shepherds or historians. They were from three different continents, and wrote in three different languages. They wrote on hundreds of controversial subjects yet they wrote with agreement and harmony. They wrote in dungeons, in temples, on beaches, and on hillsides, during peacetime and during war. Yet their words sound like they came from the same source. So even though 10 people today couldn't write on one controversial subject and agree, God spoke to man through 40 different people who wrote the Bible, and it stands the test of time.
2. It is unique in its circulation. The invention of the printing press in 1450 made it possible to print books in large quantities. The first book printed was the Bible. Since then, the Bible has been read by more people and printed more times than any other book in history. By 1930, over one billion Bibles had been distributed by Bible societies around the world. No one who is interested in knowing the truth can ignore such an important book.
3. It is unique in its translation. The Bible has been translated into over 2,400 languages. No other book even comes close.
4. It is unique in its survival. In ancient terms, books were copied by hand onto manuscripts that were made mainly from parchment and would decay over time. Ancient books and knowledge of history are available today only because someone made copies of the originals to preserve them. For example, the original writings of Julius Caesar are no longer around. We know what he wrote only by the copies we have today. Only 10 copies still exist, and they were made 1,000 years after he died. Only 600 copies of Homer's The Iliad exist, made 1,300 years after the originals were written. No other book has as many copies of the ancient manuscripts as the Bible. In fact, there are over 24,000 copies of the New Testament manuscripts, some written within 35 years of the writer's death.
5. It's more than just a book. Study, test and put into practice the teaching in the New Testament and see for yourself what the effect can be in your life. Millions of people around the world from all types of background testify to the power of the Bible to change lives for the better, if we will let it.